Cardiovascular Diseases; Geriatrics; Erectile Dysfunction; Prostatic Neoplasms; Urology; Healthcare Disparities
High-risk prostate cancer, erectile dysfunction and cardiovascular disease, geriatrics, health disparity, and the vascular biology of erectile function. Dr. Walker has held a grant from the American Geriatrics Society and is principal investigator for a high risk prostate cancer clinical trials and co -investigator on an erectile dysfunction study at the VA Healthcare System in West Haven, Connecticut.
Extensive Research Description
Novel imaging modalities in the evaluation of renal masses high-risk localized prostate cancer
“A Multicenter Clinical Study Of the Sonablate 500 for the Treatment of Locally Recurrent Prostate Caner with HIFU (STAR Trial).” Investigators: Uchio E, Walker C. Sponsor: Focus Surgery, US HIFU. VA Connecticut Healthcare System. Surgical Service. West Haven, CT. (04/10-present).
“A Randomized Phase III Study of Neoadjuvant Docetaxel and Androgen Deprivation Prior to Androgen Deprivation Versus Immediate Radical Prostatectomy in Patients With High-Risk, Clinically Localized Prostate Cancer.” Investigators: Uchio E, Rose M, Rome L, Deshpande H, Gettinger S, Lee J, Aggarwal S, Choromanska O, Walker C. Sponsor: CALGB. VA Connecticut Healthcare System. Surgical Service. West Haven, CT. (12/06-present).
“Chemotherapy After Prostatectomy (CAP) For High Risk Prostate Carcinoma: A Phase III Randomized Study.” Investigators: Uchio E, Rose M, Rome L, Deshpande H, Gettinger S, Lee J, Aggarwal S, Choromanska O, Walker C. Sponsor: VA Cooperative Studies Program. VA Connecticut Healthcare System. Surgical Service. West Haven, CT. (4/06-present).
“A Randomized Double Blind, Placebo Controlled Phase III Study of Early Versus Standard Zoledronic Acid to Prevent Skeletal Related Events in Men With Prostate Cancer Metastatic to Bone.” Investigators: Rose M, Rome L, Deshpande H, Gettinger S, Lee J, Uchio E, Aggarwal S, Choromanska O, Walker C. Sponsor: CALGB. VA Connecticut Healthcare System. Cancer Center. West Haven, CT. (3/06-present).
“The effect of Acute Inflammation on Guinea Pig Bladder Mucin Expression.” Advisor: Robert Weiss M.D. Yale University School of Medicine, Department of Surgery, Section of Urology. (7/02-12/02).
- The Link Between Vasculogenic Erectile Dysfunction, Coronary Artery Disease, and Peripheral Artery Disease: Role of Metabolic Factors and Endovascular Therapy Stephanie M. Meller, BA1, Erik Stilp, MD2, Charles N. Walker, MD1, Carlos Mena-Hurtado, MD2 J Invasive Cardiol. 2013 Jun;25(6):313-9
- Rivera AD, Walker CN, Bleustein C, Choi B, Poppas DP, Felsen D. Enhanced adenoviral vector mediated gene transfer using human albumin solder. Lasers Surg Med. 2002, 30(4): 313-19.
- Bleustein CB, Walker CN, Felsen D, Poppas DP. Semi-solid albumin solder improved mechanical properties for laser tissue welding. Lasers Surg Med. 2000, 27(2): 140-46.
- Ghidini A, Spong CY, Grier RE, Walker CN, Pezzullo JC. Is maternal serum triple screening a better predictor of Down Syndrome in female than in male fetuses? Prenatal Diagn. 1998, 18(2): 123-26.
- CY, Ghidini A, Ossandon M, Walker CN, Pezzullo JC. Are the cytokines interleukin-6 and angiogenin stable in frozen amniotic fluid? Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1998, 178(4): 783-86.
- Spong CY, Ghidini A, Walker CN, Ossandon M, Pezzullo JC. Elevated maternal serum midtrimester alpha-fetoprotein levels are associated with fetoplacental ischemia. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1997, 177(5):1085-87.