Breast Neoplasms; Medical Oncology; Genetic Heterogeneity; Molecular Diagnostic Techniques
Medical Oncology: Subset Medical Oncology Faculty
Dr. Hatzis continues to be involved in the design of biomarker validation clinical studies and development of strategies for translating genomic diagnostic assays to clinical practice. His current research interests focus on developing methods to characterize the genetic and molecular heterogeneity of breast cancer subtypes and the implications it might have on response and resistance to treatment. A key area of interest is to develop methodology that integrates genomic level information of individual patients to lead to more focused treatment decisions tailored for the individual tumor.
Speciailized Terms: Personalized medicine; Molecular diagnostics; Cancer heterogeneity; Next generation sequencing; Diagnostic study design
Extensive Research Description
Characterization of molecular and genetic heterogeneity in breast cancer and its association with treatment response or resistance.
Evaluation of high-throughput drug screens for triple negative breast cancer and assocation of sensitivity to genetic background.
Translation of microarray based prognostic tests to next generation platforms.
- Agarwal D, Qi Y, Jiang T, Liu J, Shi W, Wali VB, Turk B, Symmans WF, Pusztai L, Hatzis C. Scientific Reports 2015 5:14736
- Kahn S, Karn T, Symmans WF, Rody A, Muller V, Holtrich U, Becker S, Pusztai L, Hatzis C. Breast Cancer Research and Treatment 2015 149(3):789-97.
- Jiang T, Shi W, Natowicz R, Ononye S, Wali VB, Kluger Y, Pusztai L, Hatzis C. BMC Genomics 2014 15:876.
- Hatzis C, Bedard P, Juul-Birkbak N, Beck A, Aerts H, Stern D, Shi L, Clarke R, Quackenbush J, Haibe-Kains B. Cancer Research 2014 74(15):4016-4023.
- Laurence M, Hatzis C, Brash D. PLOS One 2014 16;9(5):e97876
- Hatzis C, Pusztai L, Valero V et al. JAMA 2011 305(18): 1873-1881.
- Hatzis C, Sun H, Yao H et al. J Natl Cancer Inst 2011 103(24): 1871-1883.
- Symmans WF, Hatzis C, Sotiriou C et al. J Clin Oncol 2010 28(27): 4111-4119
- Shi L, Campbell G, Jones WD et al. Nat Biotechnol 2010 28(8): 827-838.
- Symmans WF, Peintinger F, Hatzis C et al. J Clin Oncol 2007 25:4414-4422.
- Peters BA, St Croix B, Sjoblom T et al. Genome Res 2007 17(3): 287-292.