Courtney Elizabeth Quinn MD, MS
Assistant Professor of Surgery (Endocrine Surgery)
Dr. Quinn is an Endocrine Surgeon and Assistant Professor of Surgery at Yale University School of Medicine. Her clinical interests are surgery of the thyroid, parathyroid, adrenal gland, and endocrine pancreas, including minimally invasive laparoscopic and retroperitoneoscopic surgical techniques.
Her research interests include outcomes after minimally invasive endocrine surgery (thyroid, parathyroid, adrenal), outpatient thyroidectomy and parathyroidectomy, intraoperative laryngeal nerve monitoring, and endocrine oncology. She obtained her MD from Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, Richmond, VA. She was a postdoctoral research fellow in In Utero Stem Cell Transplantation at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP), Philadelphia, PA. She completed her training in General Surgery at Saint Barnabas Medical Center, Livingston, NJ, and Endocrine Surgery at Scott and White Memorial Hospital, Temple, TX.
Education & Training
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (1999)
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (2001)
- Virginia Commonwealth University School Medicine (2005)
- Saint Barnabas Medical Center, Livingston, NJ, General Surgery (2005 - 2006)
- Saint Barnabas Medical Center, Livingston, NJ, General Surgery (2006 - 2012)
- Scott & White Memorial Hospital, Temple, TX, Endocrine Surgery (2012 - 2013)
- Research Fellow
- The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP), Philadelphia, PA, Pediatric Surgery (2007 - 2009)
- Board Certification
- Surgery, Board Eligible