Discovery to Cure Internship
- Structural biology of protein complexes implicated in the pathogenesis of cancer
- Genetic transcription
Extensive Research Description
My group is primarily interested in biochemical and structural aspects of oncogensis and blood disorders. We have recently described two endothelial enzymes within the brain vasculature that promote platelet aggregation by converting small molecule signals released from platelets into ADP. Polymorphisms in one of these enzymes has recently been discovered to confer stroke protection to pediatric sickle cell patients, indicated the centrality of these enzymes in the pathophysiology of stroke.
- Albright, R.A., Ornstein, D.L., Cao, W., Chang, W.C., Robert, D., Tehan, M., Stabach, P. R., Hoyer, D., Liu, L., Yang, G., De La Cruz, E. M., Braddock, D.T., “The Molecular Basis of Purinergic Signal Metabolism by Ecto-Nucleotide Phosphatase/Phosphodieste
- Albright, R.A., Chang, W.C., Robert, D., Ornstein, D.L., Cao, W., Redick, M.E., Young, J.I., De La Cruz, E. M., Braddock, D.T., “NPP4 is a procoagulant enzyme on the surface of vascular endothelium” Blood, (2012) 120:4432-4440.
- Saunders, L. P., Wenxiang Cao, W., Chang, W. C., Albright, W.A., Demetrios T. Braddock, D. T.,* De La Cruz, E.M.*, “Kinetic Analysis of Autotaxin Reveals Substrate-specific Catalytic Pathways and a Mechanism for Lysophosphatidic Acid Distribution” (2011)
- Braddock, D.T. “Autotaxin and lipid signaling pathways as anticancer targets” Current Opinion in Investigational Drugs (2010) 11:629-37.
- Crichlow, G. V., Zhou, H., Yang, Y., Hsiao, H-H, Frederick, K. B., Debrosse, M., Yang, Y., Folta-Stogniew, E. J., Chung., H-J, Fan, C., De La Cruz, E. M., Levens, D.L., Lolis E., and Braddock, D.T. Dimerization of FIR upon FUSE DNA binding suggests a mech