Joseph N Contessa MD, PhD
Assistant Professor of Therapeutic Radiology and of Pharmacology
Departments & Organizations
Gamma Knife Center, Yale-New Haven
Cancer Center, Yale: Brain Tumor Center | Head and Neck Cancer Surgery Program | Radiobiology & Radiotherapy
Therapeutic Radiology/Radiation Oncology: Head and Neck Radiotherapy Program | Stereotactic Radiosurgery/Gamma Knife Program | Radiobiology | Spine Radiosurgery Program | Therapeutic Radiology - Patient Care
Receptor tyrosine kinase signaling; Adaptive responses of tumor cells to ionizing radiation; Protein N-linked glycosylation; High throughput screens for novel therapeutic agents; Biologic markers for radiation response more...
- Ph.D., Medical College of Virginia Commonwealth Universit, 2004
- M.D., Medical College of Virginia-VA Commonwealth Univ., 2004
- Johung KL, Yao X, Li F, Yu JB, Gettinger SN, Goldberg S, Decker RH, Hess JA, Chiang VL, Contessa JN. A Clinical Model for Identifying Radiosensitive Tumor Genotypesin Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer.Clin Cancer Res. 2013 Jul 29. [Epub ahead of print]
- Khan AP, Contessa JN, Nyati MK, Ross BD, Rehemtulla A. Molecular imaging of epidermal growth factor receptor kinase activity. Anal Biochem. 2011 Oct 1;417(1):57-64.
- Contessa JN, Bhojani MS, Freeze HH, Ross BD, Rehemtulla A, Lawrence TS. Molecular imaging of N-linked glycosylation suggests glycan biosynthesis is a novel target for cancer therapy. Clin Cancer Res. 2010 Jun 15;16(12):3205-14.