Laura Jo Morrison MD
Associate Professor of Medicine (Medical Oncology and Geriatrics) and Associate Clinical Professor of Nursing; Director of Hospice and Palliative Medicine Education and Director, Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship
palliative care medical education; communication skills training; management of implantable cardiac devices at end of life
- Singh MK, Ogrinc G, Cox KR, Dolansky M, Brandt J, Morrison LJ, Harwood B, Petroski G, West A, Headrick LA.The Quality Improvement Knowledge Application Tool Revised (QIKAT-R). Acad Med. 2014 Oct;89(10):1386-91. doi: 10.1097/ACM.0000000000000456
- Schaefer KG, Chittenden EH, Sullivan AM, Periyakoil VS, Morrison LJ, Carey .
EC, Sanchez-Reilly S, Block SD.Raising the bar for the care of seriously ill patients: results of a national survey to define essential palliative care competencies for medical students and residents. Acad Med. 2014 Jul;89(7):1024-31.
- Sanchez-Reilly S, Morrison LJ, Carey E, Bernacki R, O'Neill L, Kapo J, Periyakoil VS, Thomas Jde L. Caring for oneself to care for others: physicians and their self-care. J Support Oncol. 2013 Jun;11(2):75-81.
- Braun UK, Gill AC, Teal CR, Morrison LJ.The utility of reflective writing after a palliative care experience: can we assess medical students' professionalism? J Palliat Med. 2013 Nov;16(11):1342-9.
- Morrison LJ, Thompson BM, Gill AC.A required third-year medical student palliative care curriculum impacts knowledge and attitudes. J Palliat Med. 2012 Jul;15(7):784-9.
- Morrison LJ, Portenoy R.Giving a grand rounds presentation. J Palliat Med. 2010 Dec;13(12):1477-84.