Biology; Hematology; Immunity; Multiple Myeloma; Neoplasms by Histologic Type; Neoplasms, Plasma Cell
We are interested in studying the biology of the human immune system and how it interacts with growing tumors in patients. We are particularly interested in understanding the tumor and host related factors underlying the transformation of preneoplastic monoclonal gammopathy to its malignant counterpart, multiple myeloma (MM). We are also studying the biology of how human dendritic cells regulate immune responses to different types of antigens. Our goal is to learn to harness the properties of the immune system to detect, prevent and treat cancer, with a particular focus on multiple myeloma.
Specialized Terms: Myeloma and related plasma cell disorders; Human immune system's interaction with growing tumors in patients; Preneoplastic monoclonal gammopathy and multiple myeloma, tumor and host related factors
- Boddupalli CS, Nair S, Gray SM, Nowyhed HN, Verma R, Gibson JA, Abraham C, Narayan D, Vasquez J, Hedrick CC, Flavell RA, Dhodapkar KM, Kaech SM, Dhodapkar MV. ABC transporters and NR4A1 identify a quiescent subset of tissue-resident memory T cells. J Clin Invest. 2016 Sep 12 [Epub ahead of print]
- Nair S, Branagan AR, Liu J, Boddupalli CS, Mistry PK, Dhodapkar MV. Clonal Immunoglobulin against Lysolipids in the Origin of Myeloma N Engl J Med. 2016 Feb 11;374(6):555-61
- Dhodapkar MV, Sexton R, Das R, Dhodapkar KM, Zhang L, Sundaram R, Soni S, Crowley JJ, Orlowski RZ, Barlogie B. Prospective analysis of antigen-specific immunity, stem-cell antigens, and immune checkpoints in monoclonal gammopathy. Blood. 2015 Nov 26;126(22):2475-8
- Sehgal K, Das R, Zhang L, Verma R, Deng Y, Kocoglu M, Vasquez J, Koduru S, Ren Y, Wang M, Couto S, Breider M, Hansel D, Seropian S, Cooper D, Thakurta A, Yao X, Dhodapkar KM, Dhodapkar MV. Clinical and pharmacodynamic analysis of pomalidomide dosing strategies in myeloma-Impact of immune activation and cereblon targets. Blood. 2015 Jun25; 125 (26):4042-4051
- Das R, Verma R, Sznol M, Boddupalli CS, Gettinger SN, Kluger H, Callahan M, Wolchok JD, Halaban R, Dhodapkar MV, Dhodapkar KM. Combination Therapy with Anti-CTLA-4 and Anti-PD-1 Leads to Distinct Immunologic Changes In Vivo. J Immunol. 2015 Feb 1;194(3):950-9