Meena Savur Moran MD
Associate Professor of Therapeutic Radiology and Assistant Clinical Professor of Nursing; Medical Director, Radiation Oncology at Backus Hospital; Director, Breast Center, William W. Backus Hospital; Associate Chief and Medical Director for Radiation Oncology at the William W. Backus Hospital
Breast Cancer; Early stage breast cancer; Breast conservation therapy; Prostate cancer; Pelvic malignancies
Current research interests include identifying clinical, pathologic and molecular markers that are predictive of local-regional relapse after breast conserving surgery and radiation therapy.
- Hafeez F, Neboori HJ, Harigopal M, Wu H, Haffty BG, Yang Q, Schiff D, Moran MS. Is Ki-67 Expression Prognostic for Local Relapse in Early-Stage Breast Cancer Patients Treated With Breast Conservation Therapy (BCT)Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2013. Aug 1[Epub ahead of print]
- Moran MS, Goss D, Haffty BG, Kaufman CS, Winchester DP. Editorial: Quality Measures, Standards, and Accreditation for Breast Centers in the United States. Int J Rad Onc Biol Phy 2010 Jan 1; 76(1):1-4.
- Lui GF, Yang Q, Haffty BG, Moran MS. Clinical-pathologic Features and Outcomes of Tubular Carcinoma of the Breast Compared with Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Treated with Breast Conservation Therapy. Int J Radiat Onc Biol Phys 2009 April 20
- Yang TJ, Haffty BG, Yang Q, Moran MS. Prognostic Implications of Mammographically Occult, Early Stage Breast Cancer Patients Treated with Breast Conservation Therapy. Int J Radiat Onc Biol Phys 2009 July 18
- Sharma C, Harris L, Yang Q, Haffty BG, Moran MS. Does Compliance with Radiation Therapy Differ in African American Patients with Early Stage Breast Cancer? Breast J. 2009 Dec 16.
- Moran MS, Yang Q, Haffty, BG. The Yale University Experience of Early-Stage Invasive Lobular Carcinoma (ILC) and Invasive Ductal Carcinoma (IDC) Treated with Breast Conservation Treatment (BCT): Analysis of Clinical-Pathologic Features, Long Term Outcomes, and Molecular Expression of COX-2, Bcl-2 and p53 as a Function of Histology. Breast Journal 2009 Nov/Dec; 15(6):
- Haffty BG, Choi DH, Goyal S, Silber A, Ranieri K, Matloff E, Hyuk M, Nisselblatt M, Toppermeyer D, Moran MS. Breast Cancer in Young Women: Prevelence of BRCA 1 and 2 Mutations and Risk of Secondary Malignancies across Diverse Racial Groups. Ann Oncol. 2009 June 2
- Moran MS, Haffty BG. Radiation Techniques and Toxicities for Locally Advanced
Breast Cancer. Semin Rad Onc 2009 Oct;19(4):244-55
- Moran MS, Castrucci WA, Ahmad M, Song H, Lund MW, Mani S, Chamberlain D, Higgins SA. Clinical Utility of the Modified Segmental Boost Technique for Treatment of the Pelvis and Inguinal Nodes. Int J Radiat Onc Biol Phys 2009 July 11
- Moran, MS. Expert Perspectives: The Future of Radiation Therapy for Breast Cancer. Breast Diseases: A Year Book Quarterly, 20(2): 128-131. July 2009.