Thomas James Lynch MD
Richard Sackler and Jonathan Sackler Professor of Medicine (Medical Oncology); Director, Yale Cancer Center; Physician-in-Chief, Smilow Cancer Hospital at Yale-New Haven
Lung cancer; EGFR; Targeted therapy; Personalized medicine
Dr. Lynch has made important contributions to developmental therapeutics for lung cancer and has worked to define the optimal treatment for patients with lung cancer. He pioneered the use of molecular testing for mutations in the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) gene to select patients who can benefit from targeted lung cancer therapies.
- Ipilimumab in combination with paclitaxel and carboplatin as first-line therapy in extensive-disease-small-cell lung cancer: results from a randomized, double-blind, multicenter phase 2 trial.
Reck M, Bondarenko I, Luft A, Serwatowski P, Barlesi F, Chacko R, Sebastian M, Lu H, Cuillerot JM, Lynch TJ.
Ann Oncol. 2013 Jan;24(1):75-83.
- Ipilimumab in combination with paclitaxel and carboplatin as first-line treatment in stage IIIB/IV non-small-cell lung cancer: results from a randomized, double-blind, multicenter phase II study.
Lynch TJ, Bondarenko I, Luft A, Serwatowski P, Barlesi F, Chacko R, Sebastian M, Neal J, Lu H, Cuillerot JM, Reck M.
J Clin Oncol. 2012 Jun 10;30(17):2046-54.
- Two sides of the same coin: EGFR exon 19 deletions and insertions in lung cancer.
Politi K, Lynch TJ.
Clin Cancer Res. 2012 Mar 15;18(6):1490-2.
- Unmet challenges in the use of novel agents in locally advanced non-small-cell lung cancer.
Decker RH, Lynch TJ.
J Clin Oncol. 2012 Feb 20;30(6):582-4.
- Phase I/II study of AT-101 with topotecan in relapsed and refractory small cell lung cancer.
Heist RS, Fain J, Chinnasami B, Khan W, Molina JR, Sequist LV, Temel JS, Fidias P, Brainerd V, Leopold L, Lynch TJ.
J Thorac Oncol. 2010 Oct;5(10):1637-43.
- Early palliative care for patients with metastatic non-small-cell lung cancer.
Temel JS, Greer JA, Muzikansky A, Gallagher ER, Admane S, Jackson VA, Dahlin CM, Blinderman CD, Jacobsen J, Pirl WF, Billings JA, Lynch TJ.
N Engl J Med. 2010 Aug 19;363(8):733-42.
- Cetuximab and first-line taxane/carboplatin chemotherapy in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: results of the randomized multicenter phase III trial BMS099.
Lynch TJ, Patel T, Dreisbach L, McCleod M, Heim WJ, Hermann RC, Paschold E, Iannotti NO, Dakhil S, Gorton S, Pautret V, Weber MR, Woytowitz D.
J Clin Oncol. 2010 Feb 20;28(6):911-7.
- Lennes IT, Lynch TJ. Quality indicators in cancer care: development and implementation for improved health outcomes in non-small-cell lung cancer.
Clin Lung Cancer. 2009 Sep;10(5):341-6.
- Pao W, Kris MG, Iafrate AJ, Ladanyi M, Jänne PA, Wistuba II, Miake-Lye R, Herbst RS, Carbone DP, Johnson BE, Lynch TJ. Integration of molecular profiling into the lung cancer clinic. Clin Cancer Res. 2009 Sep 1;15(17):5317-22. Epub 2009 Aug 25.