Xiaoyong Yang PhD
Associate Professor of Comparative Medicine and of Cellular and Molecular Physiology
Departments & Organizations
Yale Combined Program in the Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): Molecular Cell Biology, Genetics and Development | Molecular Medicine, Pharmacology, and Physiology
Cancer Center, Yale: Signal Transduction
Comparative Medicine: Integrative Cell Signaling & Neurobiology of Metabolism (ICSNM)
Cellular & Molecular Physiology: Graduate Program in Cellular and Molecular Physiology
Nutrient Sensing; Cell Signaling; Circadian Rhythms; Post-translational Modifications; Metabolic Physiology; Diabetes; Cancer; Aging; Systems Biology more...
- M.S., Peking University, 1996
- Ph.D., University of Alabama at Birmingham, 2001
- Li M.D., H.B. Ruan, M.E. Hughes, J.S. Lee, J.P. Singh, S.P. Jones, M.N. Nitabach, X. Yang. O-GlcNAc signaling entrains the circadian clock by inhibiting BMAL1/CLOCK ubiquitination. Cell Metab. 2013, 17:303–10.
- Ruan H.B., X. Han, M.D. Li, J.P. Singh, K. Qian, S. Azarhoush, L. Zhao, A.M. Bennett, V.T. Samuel, J. Wu, J.R. Yates III, X. Yang. O-GlcNAc transferase/host cell factor C1 complex regulates gluconeogenesis by modulating PGC-1alpha stability. Cell Metab. 2012, 16:226–37.
- Yang X. A wheel of time: the circadian clock, nuclear receptors, and physiology. Genes & Dev. 2010, 24:741-7.