Fattaneh Abbas-Zadeh Tavassoli MD
Professor of Pathology and of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences; Director, Pathology Women's Health Program
Breast carcinoma; Basal-like carcinomas; Intraepithelial neoplasias; Invasive mammary carcinomas; Necrotic variant and common types of lobular intraepithelial neoplasia; Markers for breast and ovarian carcinoma; Micro and macroenvironment on mammary carcinogenesis; Protein expression profile of mammary and ovarian carcinomas
Extensive Research Description
- Burga AM, Fadare O, Lininger RA, Tavassoli FA. Invasive carcinomas of the male breast: a morphologic study of the distribution of histologic subtypes and metastatic patterns in 778 cases. Virchows Arch. 2006;449:507-512.
- Ghofrani M, Tapia B, Tavassoli FA. Discrepancies in the diagnosis of intraductal proliferative lesions of the breast and its management: results of a multinational survey. Virchows Arch. 2006 449:609-16.
- Moinfar F, Azodi M, Tavassoli FA. Uterine sarcomas. Pathology. 2007 Feb39(1):55-71.
- Martel M, Barron-Rodriguez, Ocal IT, Dotto J, Tavassoli FA. Flat DIN1 (flat epithelial atypia) on core needle biopsy: 63 cases identified retrospectively among 1751 core biopsies performed over an 8-year period (1992-1999). Virchows Arch 2007;451:883-891.
- Haines GK 3rd, Wiley E, Susnik B, Apple SK, Frkovic-Grazio S, Reyes C, Goldstein LC, Dadmanesh F, Gown AM, Nadji M, Bracko M, Tavassoli FA. HER2 in well differentiated breast cancer: is testing necessary? Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2008
- Fadare O, Tavassoli FA. Clinical and pathologic aspects of basal-like breast cancers. Nat Clin Pract Oncol. 2008;5:49-59.
- Moinfar F, Beham A, Friedrich G, Deutsch A, Hrzenjak A, Luschin G, Tavassoli FA. Macro-environment of breast carcinoma: frequent genetic alterations in the normal appearing skins of patients with breast cancer. Mod Pathol. 2008 Feb 8
- J Dotto J, Kluk M, Geramizadeh B, Tavassoli FA. Frequency of clinically occult intraepithelial and invasive neoplasia in reduction mammoplasty specimens. A study of 516 cases. Int J Surg Pathology 2008;16:25-30.
- Ueng SH, Mezzetti T, Tavassoli FA. Papillary neoplasms of the breast: a review. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2009 Jun;133(6):893-907
- Tavassoli FA. Lobular Neoplasia: Evolution of its significance and morphologic spectrum. Int J Surg Pathol 2010;174S-177S