Dermatology; Epidermis; Pathology; Skin Neoplasms; Neoplasms, Adnexal and Skin Appendage; Vascular Neoplasms
I am studying skin cancer, particularly squamous cell carcinoma and keratoacanthoma. I also participate in a multidisciplinary vascular conference and inherited kidney cancer program.
Specialized Terms: Adnexal tumors; Benign and malignant epidermal tumors; Vascular tumors
Extensive Research Description
I tend to focus on how to distinguish between diseases and disorders that may present in a similar fashion clinically and/or microscopically. I have published papers as well as books in clinical dermatology and dermatopathology on such subjects.
- Munday WR, Leffell DJ, McNiff JM, Ko CJ. Histopathologic features of multiple squamous cell carcinomas of the lower extremity. J Cutan Pathol 2016;43:759-65.
- Zito G, Saotome I, Liu Z, Ferro E, Sun TY, Nguyen D, Bilguvar K, Ko C, Greco V. Spontaneous tumor regression in keratoacanthoma is driven by Wnt/Retinoic acid signaling cross-talk. Nat Commun, 2014;5:3543.
- Kim C, Ko CJ, Leffell DJ. Cutaneous squamous cell carcinomas of the lower extremity: a distinct subset of squamous cell carcinomas. J Am Acad Dermatol 2014;70:70-74.
- Ko CJ, McNiff JM, Bosenberg M, Choate K. Keratoacanthoma: clinical and histopathologic features of regression. J Am Acad Dermatol 2012;67:1008-12.
- Lim YH, Fisher JM, Bosenberg MW, Choate KA, Ko CJ. Keratoacanthoma shares driver mutations with cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma. J Invest Dermatol 2016;136:1737-41.
- Ko CJ. Keratoacanthoma: Facts and Controversies. Clinics in Dermatol 2010;28:254-261.