Harry Robert Aslanian MD
Associate Professor of Medicine (Digestive Diseases); Associate Director, Endoscopy; Director, Yale Advanced Endoscopy Fellowship; Director of Gastroenterology, Yale Health Plan
advanced endoscopic techniques; gastrointestinal bleeding; colonoscopic polyp detection; evaluation of pancreas cysts; diagnosis of pancreas cancer; pancreatic and biliary disorders; therapy of bile duct obstruction via ERCP; Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS); fine-needle aspiration (FNA); advanced endoscopic imaging; sedation for endoscopy
I am interested in the optimal application of advanced endoscopic techniques to clinical problems including gastrointestinal bleeding, colonoscopic polyp detection, evaluation of pancreas cysts, diagnosis of pancreas cancer, pancreatic and biliary disorders, therapy of bile duct obstruction via ERCP, Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) and fine-needle aspiration (FNA), advanced endoscopic imaging, sedation for endoscopy.
- Siddiqui, UD. Rossi, F, Rosenthal, LS., Padda MS., Murali-Dharan V., Aslanian, HR. EUS-guided FNA of solid pancreatic masses: a prospective, randomized trial comparing 22 gauge and 25 gauge needles. (2009) Gastrointest Endoscopy. Epub ahead of print July, 2009.
- Aslanian HR, Burgart LJ, Harrington JJ, Mahoney DW, Zinsmeister AR, Thibodeau SN, Ahlquist DA. Altered DNA Mismatch Repair Expression in Synchronous and Metachronous Colorectal Cancers. Clin Gastroenterol and Hepatol 2008 (12):1385-8.
- Rogart J., Jain D, Siddiqui U, Oren T, Lim J, Jamidar P, Aslanian H. Narrow-band imaging without high magnification to differentiate polyps during real-time colonoscopy: improvement with experience. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy 2008;68:1136-45.
- Rogart JN, Boghos A, Rossi F, Al-Hashem H, Siddiqui UD, Jamidar P, Aslanian H. Analysis of endoscopic management of occluded metal biliary stents at a single tertiary care center. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy 2008:4:676-682.
- Endoscopically Guided Endotracheal Intubation: A Proposed Airway Management Tool for the Endoscopist. Rosenthal L, Siddiqui U, Aslanian HR. (Letter) American Jnl Gastro 2008;9:2414-5.