Anees B. Chagpar MD, MSc, MA, MPH, FRCS(C), FACS
Associate Professor of Surgery (Oncology); Director, The Breast Center at Smilow Cancer Hospital at Yale-New Haven; Program Director, Interdisciplinary Breast Fellowship; Assistant Director, Diversity and Health Equity at Yale Cancer Center
Dr. Anees Chagpar graduated from the University of Alberta and completed her general surgery residency training and MSc at the University of Saskatchewan. She went on to complete the Susan G. Komen Interdisciplinary Breast Fellowship at the University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, an MPH at Harvard School of Public Health, and an MA in Bioethics and Medical Humanities at the University of Louisville. After her fellowship, she joined the University of Louisville, where she became the Director of the Multidisciplinary Breast Program at the James Graham Cancer Center and rose through the ranks to become an Associate Professor with tenure. She has taken on leadership positions in various professional organizations, and her clinical practice and research interests are focused on breast cancer.
Learn more about the Director of The Breast Center at Smilow Cancer Hospital.
Education & Training
- University of Alberta (1992)
- University of Alberta (1996)
- University of Saskatchewan (2002)
- Harvard School of Public Health (2007)
- University of Louisville (2009)
- General Surgery Residency
- University of Saskatchewan, Surgery (1996 - 2002)
- Interdisciplinary Breast Fellowship
- University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Surgery (2002 - 2003)
- Board Certification
- Surgery, Board Certified (2004)