Member Benefits and Services
Yale Cancer Center Members benefit from involvement in the Center in a number of ways:
- Priority access and discounts/subsidies to defray the cost of Shared Resources
- Integration into one of seven interdisciplinary Research Programs
- Opportunities for Intramural Funding Awards
- Invitations to scientific conferences, retreats, seminars, symposiums
- Administrative resources
- Scientific Publication Program
- Access to dedicated staff in marketing, communications, development, and public affairs
- Clinical Trials Office for cancer research
Led by David F. Stern, PhD, Associate Director for Shared Resources, Yale Cancer Center has eight Shared Resources that provide access for Center members to technologies, services, and scientific consultations that facilitate scientific interactions and enhance scientific productivity.
Through our seven interdisciplinary Research Programs
, members discover areas of joint interest and effort. Lab-based scientists, clinical investigators, and population scientists are all encouraged to connect across departments and areas of study to find innovative ways of treating, controlling, and preventing cancer.
The Yale Cancer Center Pilot Awards program has disbursed nearly $8 million dollars since 2012 to promising projects in cancer research, and historically, has a large return on investment. The Pilot Award competition is open only to YCC members. View Funding Opportunities here
The Scientific Publication Program
Free editing services
provided to Yale Cancer Center members for grants, journal or book articles, and other manuscripts. This program has been generously provided by The Sands Family Foundation.