Neoplasms; Otorhinolaryngologic Diseases
My research interests include investigating outcomes and quality in head and neck cancer therapy, participating in clinical trials, and leading a bio-repository of head and neck cancers at Yale that enables basic and translational science.
Extensive Research Description
American Cancer Society funded study to identify tobacco smoke mediated methylation changes in the oral mucosa as potential biomarkers of risk for head and neck squamous cell carcinoma.
- Chen, M.M., S.A. Roman, Yarbrough WG, Burtness BA, J.A. Sosa and B.L. Judson. Trends and variations in the use of adjuvant therapy for patients with head and neck cancer. Cancer. 2014 Nov 1;120(21):3353-60.
- Luryi, A.L., M.M. Chen, S. Mehra, S.A. Roman, J.A. Sosa and B.L. Judson. Positive Surgical Margins in Early Stage Oral Cavity Cancer: An Analysis of 20,602 Cases. Otolaryngology—Head and Neck Surgery 2014 Dec;151(6):984-90.
- Blumberg J, Monjane L, Prasad ML, Carrilho C, Judson BL. Investigation of the presence of HPV related Oropharyngeal and Oral Tongue Squamous Cell Carcinoma in Mozambique. Cancer Epidemiology 2015.
- Ramaswamy AT, Toll B, Chagpar A, Judson BL. Smoking, Cessation, and Cessation Counseling in Cancer Patients: A Population-based Analysis. Cancer. 2016 Apr 15;122(8):1247-53.
- Kuo P, Sosa JA, Burtness B, Husain Z, Mehra S, Roman SA,Yarbrough WG, Judson BL. Treatment Trends and Survival Effects of Chemotherapy for Hypopharyngeal Cancer: Analysis of the National Cancer Database. Cancer. 2016 Mar 28.
- Kuo P, Sosa JA, Burtness B, Husain Z, Mehra S, Roman SA,Yarbrough WG, Judson BL. Proposing Prognostic Thresholds for Nodal Yield in Clinically Node Negative and Node Positive Oral Cavity Cancer. Cancer. 2016.