Benjamin A. Toll PhD
Associate Professor of Psychiatry; Program Director, Smoking Cessation Service at Smilow Cancer Hospital at Yale-New Haven
Departments & Organizations
Cancer Center, Yale: Cancer Prevention and Control Center | Cancer Prevention and Control
Psychiatry: Connecticut Mental Health Center: Division of Substance Abuse; Substance Abuse Treatment Center | Center for Nicotine and Tobacco Use Research at Yale (CENTURY) | Smoking Cessation and Alcohol Treatment Research Clinic | Psychotherapy Development Center | Psychology Section | Addictions, Division of | Psychological Medicine Service
Smoking cessation clinical trials; Quitline studies; Smoking cessation with cancer patients; Secondary analyses of clinical trial data; Analyses of mediators and moderators of treatment; Assessment, methods, and psychometrics more...
- B.A., Cornell University, 1996
- M.S., Nova Southeastern University, 1999
- Ph.D., Nova Southeastern University, 2002
- Toll, B.A., Brandon, T. H., Gritz, E. R., Land, S. R., Warren, G. W., & Herbst, R. S.; Writing Committee for the AACR Task Force on Tobacco and Cancer. (2013). Assessing and Stopping Cancer Patients’ Tobacco Use: An American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) Policy Statement. Clinical Cancer Research, 19, 1-8.
- Toll, B. A., Cummings, K. M., O’Malley, S. S., Carlin-Menter, S., McKee, S. A., Hyland, A., Wu, R., Hopkins, J., & Celestino, P. (2012). Tobacco quitlines need to assess and intervene with callers’ hazardous drinking. Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research. Available online. DOI: 10.1111/j.1530-0277.2012.01767.x
- Toll, B. A., Martino, S., Latimer, A., Salovey, P., O’Malley, S. S., Carlin-Menter, S., Hopkins, J., Wu, R., Celestino, P., & Cummings, K. M. (2010). Randomized trial: Quitline specialist training in gain-framed vs standard care messages for smoking cessation. Journal of the National Cancer Institute (JNCI), 102, 96-106. PMID: 20056957.