Herta H Chao MD, PhD
Associate Professor of Medicine (Medical Oncology)
Prostate cancer; androgen deprivation therapy; cognitive function; lung cancer; phospho-inositol-3 kinase pathway as a drug target
One of my research interests is studying the effects of castration treatment for on cognitive function in prostate cancer patients and their impact on the quality of life. Another research interest is evaluating potential therapeutic targets within one of the major cell signalling pathways - the phospho-inositol-3-kinase pathway - in the treatment of non-small cell lung cancer.
- Chao HH-A, Luo X, Chang JLK, Li C-SR (2009). Activation of the Pre-Supplementary Motor Area but not Inferior Prefrontal Cortex in Association with Short Stop Signal Reaction Time - An Intra-subject Analysis. BMC Neuroscience
- Chao HH-A, Schwartz AR, Hersh J, Hunnibell L, Jackson GL, Dawn T. Provenzale DT, Schlosser J, Stapleton LM, Zullig LL, Rose MG (2009). Improving Colorectal Cancer Screening and Care in the Veterans Affairs Healthcare System. Clinical Colorectal Cancer 8(1):22-8.
- Li C-SR, Chao HH-A, Lee TW (2009) The neural correlates of speeded compared to delayed responses in a stop signal task: an indirect analogue of risk taking and association with an anxiety trait. Cerebral Cortex (4):839-48. Epub 2008 Aug 4.
- Li C-SR, Yan P, Chao HH-A, Sinha R, Paliwal P, Constable RT, Lee TW, Zhang S (2008) Error-specific medial cortical and subcortical activity during the stop signal task – a functional magnetic resonance imaging study. Neuroscience 155 (4): 1142-1151
- Rosado MF, Chao H, Rose M (2007). Severe acute thrombocytopenia following rituximab therapy. Leukemia and Lymphoma 48 (11):2239-2240