Cell Biology; Dermatology; Melanoma; Neoplasm Metastasis; Pathology
Directs a National Cancer Institute funded melanoma research laboratory with interests in several aspects of melanoma biology including the cell biology and genetics of metastasis, tumor immunology, prognostic and diagnostic markers and development of new therapeutic agents.
Specialized Terms: Tumor immunology; Melanoma models; Melanocytic neoplasms; Genodermatoses
Extensive Research Description
Directs a National Cancer Institute funded melanoma research laboratory with interests in several aspects of melanoma biology including the cell biology and genetics of metastasis, prognostic and diagnostic markers and development of new therapeutic agents.
- Held MA, Langdon CG, Platt JT, Graham-Steed T, Liu Z, Chakraborty A, Bacchiocchi A, Koo A, Haskins JW, Bosenberg MW*, David F. Stern DF*. Genotype-selective combination therapies for melanoma identified by high-throughput drug screening. Cancer Discovery. 2013, 3:52-67
- Damsky WE, Curley DP, Santhanakrishnan M, Rosenbaum LE, Platt JT, Gould Rothberg BE, Taketo MM, Dankort D, Rimm DL, McMahon M, Bosenberg M. ß-catenin signaling controls metastasis in BRAF-activated Pten-deficient melanomas. Cancer Cell. 2011, 20:741-54.
- Held MA, Curley DP, Dankort D, McMahon M, Bosenberg MW. Characterization of melanoma cells capable of propagating tumors from a single cell. Cancer Res. 2010, 70:388-97.
- Dankort D*, Curley DP*, Cartilage RA, Nelson B, Karnezis AN, Damsky WE, You MJ, DePinho RA, McMahon M*, Bosenberg M*. BrafV600E cooperates with Pten silencing to induce metastatic melanoma. Nat Genet. 2009, 41:544-52.
- Damsky W, Micevic G, Meeth K, Muthusamy V, Curley DP, Santhanakrishnan M, Erdelyi I, Platt JT, Huang L, Theodosakis N, Zaidi MR, Tighe S, Davies MA, Dankort D, McMahon M, Merlino G, Bardeesy N, Bosenberg M. mTORC1 activation blocks BrafV600E-induced growth arrest but is insufficient for melanoma formation. Cancer Cell. 2015, 27:41-56.
- Micevic G, Muthusamy V, Damsky W, Theodosakis N, Liu X, Meeth K, Wingrove E, Santhanakrishnan M, Bosenberg M. DNMT3b Modulates Melanoma Growth by Controlling Levels of mTORC2 Component RICTOR. Cell Rep. 2016, 14:2180-92.