Mehmet Sofuoglu MD, PhD
Professor of Psychiatry; Director of VA New England Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center (MIRECC)
Departments & Organizations
Cancer Prevention and Control
Psychiatry: Center for Nicotine and Tobacco Use Research at Yale (CENTURY) | Psychotherapy Development Center | Specialized Center of Research (SCOR) on Sex and Gender Factors Affecting Women's Health | Stress & Addiction Clinical Research Program | Addictions, Division of | Yale Translational Center to Develop Gender-Sensitive Treatment for Tobacco Dependence | Yale Tobacco Center of Regulatory Science
Tobacco addiction; Cocaine addiction; Clinical trials; Human laboratory studies more...
- M.D., Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine, 1986
- Ph.D., University of Minnesota, 1991
- Sofuoglu M, DeVito EE, Waters AJ, Carroll KM. Cognitive enhancement as a treatment for drug addictions. Neuropharmacology. 2013;64:452-63. PMCID: PMC 3445733.
- Herman AI, Jatlow PI, Gelernter J, Listman JB, Sofuoglu M. COMT Val158Met modulates subjective responses to intravenous nicotine and cognitive performance in abstinent smokers. The pharmacogenomics journal. 2013. PMCID: PMC3675163.
- Sofuoglu M, Herman AI, Nadim H, Jatlow P. Rapid nicotine clearance is associated with greater reward and heart rate increases from intravenous nicotine. Neuropsychopharmacology 2012;37(6):1509-16, PMCID: 3327855.