David Joel Carlson PhD
Assistant Professor of Therapeutic Radiology
Departments & Organizations
Biological optimization of treatment planning; Tumor hypoxia and reoxygenation effects; Heavy ion radiotherapy; Functional imaging; DNA damage and repair; Motion management; 4D imaging and treatment strategies; Prostate cancer; Lung cancer more...
- B.A., Middlebury College, 2002
- Ph.D., Purdue University, 2006
- Brown JM, Brenner DJ, Carlson DJ. Dose escalation, not “new biology”, can account for the efficacy of stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT) with non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) [editorial]. Int. J. Radiat. Oncol. Biol. Phys. 85: 1159-1160 (2013).
- Frese MC, Yu VK, Stewart RD, Carlson DJ. A mechanism-based approach to predict the relative biological effectiveness (RBE) of protons and carbon ions in radiation therapy. Int. J. Radiat. Oncol. Biol. Phys. 83: 442-450 (2012).
- Carlson DJ, Keall PJ, Loo BW, Chen ZJ, Brown JM. Hypofractionation results in reduced tumor cell kill compared to conventional fractionation for tumors with regions of hypoxia. Int. J. Radiat. Oncol. Biol. Phys. 79: 1188-1195 (2011).