Hodgkin Disease; Lymphoma; Molecular Biology; Health Care
Public Health Interests
Cancer; Health care delivery
Primary interest in the mechanisms cancer cells use to develop resistance to cancer drugs. The molecular switches.
Extensive Research DescriptionInterest in how cancer cells manipulate molecular pathways to circumvent drug resistance. Aimed at identifying appropriate molecular targets for combination targeted treatment.
Writing a lay history of the war on cancer.
- DeVita VT, Lawrence TS, Rosenberg SA, (Eds) DeVita, Hellman, and Rosenberg's Cancer: Principles & Practice of Oncology, 10th Edition. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2014.
- DeVita VT, Eggermont AMM, Hellman S, Kerr D. NRCO 10 Year Viewpoint Anniversary: Clinical cancer research: the past, present and the future. NRCO 11(11) Nov. 2014 (in press)
- Canellos GP, Rosenberg SA, Friedberg JW, Lister TA, DeVita VT. Treatment of Hodgkin's Lymphoma: A 50-Year Perspective. JCO 32(3) Jan 20, 2014.
- Oncology in Primary Care. eds Rose M, DeVita VT, Lawrence TS, Rosenberg SA. Lippencott Williams and Wilkens, Philadelphia, PA, May 2013.
- Physicians' Cancer Chemotherapy Drug Manual. eds DeVita VT, Chu E. Jones and Bartlett, Sudbury, MA, 2013.
- DeVita VT, Rosenberg SA. Two Hundred Years of Cancer Research. NEJM 366 (23) June 2012.