Joseph Anthony Madri MD, PhD
Professor of Pathology; Director of Education
Departments & Organizations
Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): Molecular Cell Biology, Genetics and Development | Molecular Medicine, Pharmacology, and Physiology
Yale Medical Group
Stem Cell Center, Yale: Stem Cell Niche and Homing
Vascular Biology and Therapeutics Program
Skin Diseases Research Center, Yale
Pathology: Autopsy | Surgical Pathology | Pathology Research
Diabetes Endocrinology Research Center
Connective tissue disorders; Cell-Matrix and Cell-Cell Interactions; Integrin-Mediated Signaling; Cardio-vascular development; Angiogenesis and Vascular Biology; inflammation; T-cell-Endothelial cell interactions more...
- Ph.D., Indiana University School of Medicine, 1973
- M.D., Indiana University School of Medicine, 1975
- Ford, M.C., Bertram, J.P., Hynes, S.R., Michaud, M., Li, Q., Young, M., Segal, S.S., Madri, J.A., Lavik, E.B., A novel macroporous hydrogel for the culture of neural progenitor and endothelial cells to form functional vascular networks in vivo, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. (USA), 103 (8):2512-2517, 2006.
- Li, Q., Ford, M., Lavik, E., Madri, J.A., Modeling the neurovascular niche: VEGF- and BDNF-mediated cross-talk between neural stem cells and endothelial cells - an in vitro study, J. Neurosci., 84(8):1656-68, 2006.
- Wu, Y., Welte, T., Michaud, M., Jiang, X., Madri, J.A., PECAM-1: A multifaceted regulator of megakaryocytopoiesis, Blood, 110(3):851-859, 2007.